7 Ways to Get the Most Out of Social Media
“Be sure to follow us on Instagram!” “Like us on Facebook!” How many times have you heard these statements? Social media is a significant part of networking and getting people to engage with your business. It is 100% essential in today’s social atmosphere if you want any chance of growing your audience.
Getting people to like and follow your social media pages is great, but once they do, are you noticing a lack of engagement with your actual posts? This is a common standstill that many businesses reach, but Florida Realtor Magazine shared with us a solution, discovered by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate and Lumentus Social. Below are some highlights to help you ensure you’re getting the most from your social media:
2. Twitter: Make sure to utilize multi-media to incorporate entertaining, relevant tweets to your target. Identify community influencers similar to you and engage them and their audience in your posts.
3. LinkedIn: Although LinkedIn is a professional networking platform, content should still be displayed in unique and engaging ways. Stay away from simply posting listings for sales leads. Make sure to display your professional experience, education, skill-set, and most importantly the strength of your network.
4. Pinterest: Because Pinterest is a very image-centric platform, be sure that pictures, how-to’s, DIY’s, lifestyle advice, and general content all have a common element that will engage your audience and relates to their interests. Stay organized and provide detailed descriptions.
5. Instagram: Like any other platform, posting regularly is important. Be sure your posts incorporate high-quality images, highlight important features of your post, and display characteristics that are the focus of your post. Everything should be cohesive. Re-posting from influencer accounts with similar audiences is also a great way to engage followers.
6. YouTube: Video is the #1 form of engagement. People are captivated from moving images and are more likely to stop and engage with a post that has relevant video content. Be sure if you share a business video, that there is content and a call-to-action that goes with it! Post short videos consistently with common themes and make sure content is SEO- friendly.
7. Blog: Consistency is key with blog writing. The more you write about audience- relevant topics, the more you gain a following, and the more they engage with your content. Posting original content and sticking to a schedule, positions you as an industry thought leader. Using highly searched terms within your writing helps your posts rank highly among public searches as well.